Its about me and my family. Mainly me and the girls. I may twitter or tweet alot but its mostly thoughts and going ons here at home and thoughts about what we might be doing on weekend or our adventures. Sit down and Enjoy what you are reading.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Still Looking

Hi all. I didnt get the job I had an interview with last week. But she said she was keeping my application on hand. Ok what ever that means right now but that doesnt help me any.

I have filled out anohter four or so application on line and in person and doing call backs with a few applications I did about two weeks ago that havent called me back yet and was told by the end of the week or Monday the lastest.


I dont know what to do because we are running out of time with me looking. Jeff and I have till august to get me working and I want to be going before then. Or we are going to lose our house. I dont want to lose my house my friends. I know it sounds like a poor me thing as he calls it but I feel like a failure not being able to find work. Or work that people want to hire me for.

What am I to do when people dont want to hire poor little old me. Well not old but you get the drift. I am fighting to keep my home we fought so hard to get. I mean it took us 3 years with every tax season to pay off our bad debt and now this shit is hitting us. I just want to curl up in a corner and cry and never come out of my corner. I have had calls for babysitters but guess what no job no babysitter. I have had to turn many calls down because I didnt get the one job.

I am so fustrated and sick of looking for jobs. I need one but I am so ready to just pack up and leave the house and say screw it.

On a lighter note and something funny I shampooed my bed today and Kora's mattress. She had gotten sick a while back and didnt tell me and I did her mattress as well as ours. I never thought that it would look as bad as the livingroom carpet when I was finished. Yuckie. But hey they are done for a while now. I just hope they dry ok now. I hate waiting for things to dry because I am going to do the sheets and blankets today also. I am hoping they are dry by timee bed time hits.. LOL...

I still have some afghans and bags, and other stuff that I wanted to sell. Jeff is having the guys from work over on Friday night but we dont drink acohol so they will be drinking and driving and yikes, Thankfully they all live close enough not to have to worry about. I am not depressed this time around because I dont have work. I am just fustrated and that is totally different than being depressed.. Well anyway off to start laundry. Have a wonderful evening with your families and if not married enjoy your dates or what nots..

12 comments:

ortho said...

Hi Tweetey! Don't give up, don't ever give up. You will get a job soon. I know, because I see it happening.

Thanks for wishing my date and I a great night. I hope you and your family have a great night too.

Jeannie said...

I'm sure you'll find something by August. It can take a while for the right thing. Have you thought of babysitting yourself?

tshsmom said...

What the HELL?! Email me.

Wandering Coyote said...

Keep plugging away...You'll get something in time, I know it. Job hunting is a really stressful, hard thing, but you certainly have perseverance, which is half the battle. Eventually, it'll pay off for you.

I certainly hope you don't let anyone drink and drive away from your home...What a nightmare. Call them a cab or take away their keys but honestly...These are grown people who should be able to organize a designated driver amongst them. This isn't high school.

none said...

Signing up with a temp agency might be an idea. They have you take a few skills tests then call you for different jobs.

I did data entry, counting, answering phones, stuffing envelopes etc...

tweetey30 said...

Ortho I hope so. I just hope so.

Jeannie I am glad that everyone thinks I can do this. I would babysit but I want a fence up first and that might be a while and most people here want a certified babysitter.

Tshsmom I e-mailed you just now.

WC I have to admit we arent having the get together this friday. No one can make it. So I will have to make another post on that another time. Next month or so.

Hammer I am signed up with four temp agencies here town an none of them have work right now. They are going to have lots more people looking for work now that one of the local GM Dealers just closed down in Janesville WI.

Gayle said...

I hope you don't have to dye your skin and hair brown and say you are an illegal immigrant in order to get a job, Tweety. It's just about to that point! :(

Karen said...

Hey Tweetey, hopefully you'll find something soon. Fingers crossed for you!!! And I have to agree with Coyote about the drinking/driving. It doesn't matter how close they are, they shouldn't be drinking and driving. And if they're that close, why can't they leave their cars at home and walk?

Keep us posted on the job situation!

JR said...

Don't get discouraged. Everyone is having trouble finding work. Have you discussed whether you can refinance your mortgage to lower your monthly payments? Is there any place in your budget where you can cut back? I wish I could think of something more. We're using credit to start my new business in hopes I'll make more money than just getting by. Be persistent when following up on job leads. It's paid off for me in the past, but do it without being annoying or stalkerish. :-)

Grizzly Mama said...

I wish you good luck in finding just the right thing. I had a terrible time for years and decided to stay home because what I would have gotten paid would have mostly gone to childcare for the girls. We went through many, many years of financial crisis because of it, but we survived and you will too. It sucks, and it also sucks working full time. LOL. Hang in there, say a prayer and trust that you will be given everything that you need when you need it.

tweetey30 said...

Gayle I didnt see this till Jeff came home last night and he got a kick out of that comment.

Karen I will. Its not easy though. just very fustrating.

VV esp now that a big GM dealer went down here in WI.

Monica thanks. Its very discouraging though. Its hard to stay positive after so many applications.

Bridget Jones said...

Hang in there Tweety. The perfect job is getting itself ready for you.