Its about me and my family. Mainly me and the girls. I may twitter or tweet alot but its mostly thoughts and going ons here at home and thoughts about what we might be doing on weekend or our adventures. Sit down and Enjoy what you are reading.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Zoo...

Hi there. We didnt do a thing on Saturday it was to late by time Jeff got home from his half day of work.. So we went on Sunday instead. But we got out.. It was nice Sunday no humidity. It was like some one turned off the heat for a while. Anyway here are some of the animals I got really good pix of. I cant believe how big the Lion cubs have gotten.. There are five Lions at the Zoo now. Three cubs that are now bigger and mom and dad Lion..




Now here are turtles.. I did not get a photo of this but we were standing there watching them and the black turtle must be the female moved and then the big green turtle came out of the water and was trying to mount the black one..lol.. You should have seen the look on the girls faces.. One of the ladies that works there told us if we havent had the talk yet we should before letting them see the turtles do there thing...




Here is the petting Zoo part but I didnt have any quarters this time around and neither did jeff so we didnt get any photo's of the girls feeding the goats.. But we did stop and check them out..



Here are baby Llama's they are sweet arent they..This one here kept rubbing against the rock. almost like he was scratching himself or trying to rub something off.





Here is a spotted Leopard.. Beautiful animal.. Wish I could have gotten closer..


Ok I Know this one is gross but its interesting in the same way.. There are only 33 white albino Alligators in the world including this one.. they have him covered or he will actually sunburn like me or who ever gets really sunburned during the summer..




We didnt get to feed the Giraffes this time around but I did get up close to this one sort of because someone was feeding him or her and I didnt want to get a photo of a stranger so I just took the photo of this persons hand and the Giraffe.. Still pretty dang close to it though..



This bird was not in captivity but it was cool to see anyway.. Its a Cardinal.. It was flying around in the Badgers digs..lol.. Kind of cute if you ask me..



Now here is the good old badger himself.. i took this one as he was rounding the corner from making his rounds around the little open space they have for him.



Now here are two Raccoons.. Arent they the sweetest things here.. Maybe not in real life for those of you who have them in your trash cans but these two are the sweetest looking things.. Eating apples and digging..




Ok I am going to leave this here for now. I have more photo's to share this time but i will split this up. this is most of the way through the Zoo. Maybe half way through.. So its a good stopping point and I will have another post up in a few days after everyone has had time to look and comment. I know how some of you dont like Zoo's and how some of you do.. But these animals I have taken photo's of have been hurt and need to be taken care of and such.

I am working with Kora and Bri on a new school project this year. I have set up pen pals with some of Ruths kids for Kora and Bri to get them used to writing to other kids.. Kids there own ages and such. I wish I had the money to sponsor the two I found for Kora and Bri..

Well that is what is going on here for now.. I cant wait to get started with school here this year. We have to do something with kora this year. Jeff caught her cheating on school work last year and we are going to make her redo last years book plus this years book we buy from Barnes and Noble. It will only take her a five minutes longer to do the work books..

I am sick and tired of the girls thinking i am super mom.. they want to do this and that and I have house work to do. No it cant wait because it has waited almost two weeks to be done.. I have been lazy lately..Ok I am gone. I need to go do what needs to be done.. Life is a bitch and we all live it some how.. I love my girls but I cant always do what they want me to do and I have to work tonight.. I am hoping I get this new job where I can work during the day and not have to rush out the door when Jeff comes home. I hate rushing out the door.. I just hate it three days a week.

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hope you get the new job too if it will work out better for you.

I feel like we have done nothing all summer. Gary has to work so hard.

VV said...

Hang in there. We've all had to go through stuff like this at some point in our lives. It will get better . . . eventually. :-)

Kat said...

I love the zoo! Looks like you all had a great time! :)

Tell the girls they need to help with the housework so that you can do fun stuff! Then see what they say. ;)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

The zoo pics are so much fun!!! Ok the alligator and sunburn wow never knew that but it makes since with that skin.

I hear you about being super mom I get that a lot too. Hang in there sweetie! It will get better soon!

Gardenia said...

Love the photos and the animals. I'm not crazy about zoos, but sometimes they serve as sanctuaries for animals. When we were in Yellowstone, it was right after an attack by a mother bear and her cubs on some people sleeping in a tent. One of the people was killed - later they found the cubs - 3 of them all malnutritioned - they are just trying to eat. Mama was killed, and the babies taken to the zoo where they could live - not free, but at least stay alive.

Its neat that you guys have been able to sort of stay with the lion cubs as they grew.

Gardenia said...

Love the photos and the animals. I'm not crazy about zoos, but sometimes they serve as sanctuaries for animals. When we were in Yellowstone, it was right after an attack by a mother bear and her cubs on some people sleeping in a tent. One of the people was killed - later they found the cubs - 3 of them all malnutritioned - they are just trying to eat. Mama was killed, and the babies taken to the zoo where they could live - not free, but at least stay alive.

Its neat that you guys have been able to sort of stay with the lion cubs as they grew.