Its about me and my family. Mainly me and the girls. I may twitter or tweet alot but its mostly thoughts and going ons here at home and thoughts about what we might be doing on weekend or our adventures. Sit down and Enjoy what you are reading.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

hi there...

Hi I a still here. I have been trying to figure out what to write about.. I have a book review I think I will do..


A Place of Hiding by Elizabeth George

China River is out taking photographs of somone in the desert and when she gets home her brother Cherokee is half naked in her front yard.. She asks what he's doing there and he wanted to talk to her.. He wanted to talk to her about an adventure of her life time. He had a plan to buy a boat.But he needed her help. He needed her help as a wife instead of sister to go to Guernsey with him and give some plans from an architecht to a man that is building a museum. China didnt want to go at first. But she finally agreed to it.


They get to Guernsey and Guy Bourard meets them and has a party with the plans of the war time museum he is going to build.. Then Guy goes out for one of his early morning swims and later that day they find him dead.. His sister Ruth wakes up as he is going down to the water and see's this woman following him. She thinks she knows who it was.

Well in the mean time China Rivers has been arrested for the murder and her brother goes to London to fetch Debora and Simon. Debora is just finishing up on a Gallery she had. Everyone was just leaving and then the door bell sounded.. They thought it was a friend of theres.. But it was Cherokee Rivers at the door. Simon had no idea who the man was but Debora had a slight clue until he called her Debs.. Then she recognized him 100%..

They took him under there wing and asked how they could help him.. Well he needed help with the American Ambassy. Well Debora said they couldnt do a thing until mornig so why doesnt Cherokee stay the night.. So they feed him and put him in the spare bedroom. Morning rolls around and he is ready to go..

He tells Debora and Simon his sister has been arrested in Gursney for murder. Debora cant believe her long lost friend has commited such an act. So she decides she is going to go help her..

Simon goes over to Gursney with them and goes and talks to the local police.. Asks a few questions.. And then Debora meets up with her old friend because she has been released into a special set of apts but cant leave the Island.. she is still under suspicion.

Going on further into the book they start investigating people.. then cherokee is arrested.. they found some opiate with his finger prints on it.. So China is let go and Cherokee is arrested.

But Paul Fielder finds a painting and brings it to Ruth after the funeral and the cops are called because someone thinks he stole it.. But Ruth defends the boy. She said Guy had him holding it for me for my B-day.. So Paul was let go. Lots going on in this book. Trying to figure out where to go next without rewriting the whole book..

Well here we go I will do this I am going to skip to the end part of the book.. Bare with me..

Well they end up letting Cheorkee go also.. They tell the Rivers siblings they have one day to get off the Island and go home or back to Rome if they wish to go.. Simon had found some information out and was laying a trap for one of them..

Well in the end the trap worked.. That is all I am going to say. I am not saying who or what it was that got trapped.. Enjoy if you read this book. I know I did..

I have noticed it takes me longer to read a hard cover book than a soft cover book for some reason.. I dont know why.. LOL. But I will give this book an 8 out of ten tweets..

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

I read so many books. You would all tire quickly if I went over them all. I'm supposed to buy a book for a book club I'm in now but I haven't bothered yet.

VV said...

Sounds like a good book. I've got stacks of books still waiting for me to read them after 2 years sitting on the shelf. I just don't find time to read like I used to. *sigh*

tweetey30 said...

Jeannie I like reading reviews where I know when to buy something good.

VV you are always welcome to send those read books to me. I love the ones you sent before.. Just keep that in mind..

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I had a hard time following the story of this book as you told it..Maybe it reads better...lol!

I have so very many books stacked up to read... Just haven't had the time. But I DO enjoy reading very very much.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Sounds like a great one I'll have to check it out. I do better with hard backs isn't that weird :)

Beej said...

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Elizabeth George lately. Thanks for the review!